Get Everyone Involved
- Do your family and friends like to cook? Hosting a potluck might be an idea worth considering.
- A wine and cheese party where every guest brings a platter is an equally economical hosting option.
- Think about borrowing your mother’s splendid dinnerware service and your aunt’s silverware.
Moderation is the Key
- If serving alcohol isn’t essential, provide carbonated water or seasonally appropriate drinks like hot chocolate or cider.
- If you decide on cocktails, limit the menu to one or two options.
- Swap out champagne for sparkling wine. The bubbles will be just as festive but won’t give your wallet a hangover.
- If you guests offer to bring their own beverages, accept.
And don’t forget to not stress out! The real meaning of the holidays is spending time with our loved ones. It’s these moments of happiness that everyone will remember … not how much the party cost!